Wounds: Good, Bad & Ugly
If you have any concerns about your wound, please contact Peak Orthopedics at 303-699-7325.
- Normal bandage with gauze and clear tape over wound immediately after surgery.
- A few days after surgery, there is normal bruising and slight drainage on the gauze bandage.
- Wound with the mesh tape in place. The mesh should stay securely on the incision for 10-14 days.
- Normal hip wound at 2 weeks post-op. The mesh tape was just removed and steri-strips were placed over the wound.
- Normal knee wound at 2 weeks post-op. The mesh tape was just removed and steri-strips were placed over the wound.
- A normal knee wound at 18 months after surgery.
- Knee arthroscopy immediately after surgery with steri-strips in place.
- Knee arthroscopy at 2 weeks post-op after the steri-strips were removed.
- An infected wound. The skin is very red, the incision is not healing and there is some drainage from the wound.